Friday, April 07, 2006

Anticipation

Well, my conversion will be complete as of the 14th. I'm excited to be able to do my first aliyah (of many to come!) and I think the kids are pretty excited about the entire thing too. I've got my tallit coming in the mail, and I'm thinking about looking into getting my robe modified a bit, so that it will have tzitzit with the re-introduced tekelet on them. I think that by using a separate garment during the day of Shabbat (probably wouldn't want to wear it to synagogue), it would allow me to identify with the Partzuf of Zeir Anpin, and thereby 'receive' a bit better. The concept behind the blue fringes intrigues me as well.

I'm really looking forward to be able to share some of my knowledge with others. I'd also like to take some classes on Sofrut, as I've always had a love for the Hebrew alefbeit, and that has only deepened as I've learned more of the language.

Well, peace to you all, my friends, and by this time next week, I will be Jewish!

2 comments:

Richard said...

Mazel tov! Welcome to the Tribe (that's meant as a joke!).

Seriously, you are most welcome to our midst & I hope you find Judaism as fulfilling & challenging as I have.

Casey said...

Thanks! I find that it is the continual challenge of Judaism that draws me. I enjoy wrestling with opposing viewpoints and finding my own relation to them. Our temple encourages this, and so it's a real joy to be able to constantly re-evaluate my practice and how I am making the world better through my life.